BACON, JALAPENO, AND POBLANO CREAM SAUCE
Bacon, Jalapeno, and Poblano Cream Sauce
When I started eating keto, I developed a taste for spicier foods. That’s because I no longer had sugar to provide flavor. This recipe for Bacon, Jalapeno, and Poblano Cream Sauce is a result of my newfound appreciation for the duet of heat and fat. The additional element of smokiness from the roasted poblano creates balance. So, the sauce won’t overwhelm the subtle sweetness of entrees like Seared Scallops. Sugar free, gluten free, and low carb, this replaced Alfredo as my go to cream sauce.
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, pressed
3 cups heavy whipping cream
4 ounces cream cheese
½ teaspoon Magic Sprinkle
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
4 pieces Baked Bacon, crumbled
- Over a gas burner or flaming grill, roast poblano on all sides until well-charred and soft.
- Remove skin by rubbing with dry paper towels.
- Remove skin and seeds before coarsely chopping.
- In a medium sauce pan, cook butter, garlic, and poblano until garlic softens.
- Stir in cream, cream cheese, and Magic Sprinkle and reduce by half.
- Pour mixture into a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Add jalapeno and Baked Bacon to sauce and serve with your favorite protein.
Don’t have Magic Sprinkle? Substitute coarse ground pepper and Kosher salt.
For a prettier presentation, I add the jalapeno and Baked Bacon after putting the sauce on my protein.
If you make this ahead, reheat over a low temperature.
NUTRITION BREAKDOWN, EACH SERVING
Net carbs: 4 grams
Total carbs: 5 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Fat: 22 grams
Protein: 6 grams
Glycemic load: 1