KETO CANDIED BACON ON A STICK
Candied Bacon on a Stick
My Artisan Foodworks catering customers love Candied Bacon on a Stick. At least 75% of the events Artisan Foodworks caters serve it. Since many people ask me for the original recipe I included it in the Hoosier Harvest Cookbook.
So, I knew that it would be a perfect recipe to adapt for the ketogenic diet life. Gluten-free and sugar-free, this recipe is easy to make. You’ll impress your family and friends with how delicious it is.
Did you know that I offer my KetoLuxe Candied Everything Seasoning Blend already put together? Order now so that you don't have to buy a whole bunch of ingredients that will just sit in your pantry.
3 pieces thick cut bacon
3 tablespoons brown erythritol
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon cayenne
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set a cooling rack inside the prepared pan and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, combine sweetener and spices.
- Cut bacon in half to create two equal strips about 4 inches long. Thread each piece onto a bamboo skewer.
- Rub down bacon skewers on both sides with spices. Place individually on rack in pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from rack immediately so that it doesn’t stick.
- Serve same day at room temperature.
Each brand of bacon takes a different amount of time to cook. Also, “done” of bacon is a personal thing, meaning different things to everyone. Sam only likes hers crispy. I prefer mine to be chewy. Watch closely and rotate the pan in the oven frequently.
NUTRITION BREAKDOWN, EACH SERVING
Net carbs: 1 gram
Total carbs: 1 grams
Fiber: 0 grams
Fat: 2 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Glycemic load: 0.1