KETO COCONUT PECAN FROSTING
You won’t believe that this Coconut Pecan Frosting is sugar free and low carb!
Coconut Pecan Frosting
The frosting is my favorite part of German Chocolate Cake. The tasty tango of coconut and pecan dances across my tongue. I can sing the praises of this frosting all day long.
To make this Coconut Pecan Frosting recipe keto, I used Brown Swerve. That’s the secret to success in this recipe. You may be tempted to substitute a different sweetener. DON’T DO IT. Only Brown Swerve will give you the texture and caramel flavor to create a low carb symphony.
Chef Alexa only uses all natural sugar free coconut flakes in her KetoLuxe recipes.
In addition to topping German Chocolate Cake, you can use this recipe to frost brownies. I suggest my favorite thing: eating it from a spoon. If you come up with other uses, please share with me. I look forward to hearing what you create. Fine tune it to your taste buds. That’s KetoLuxe.
Want to see me make this cake? Click here to watch!
½ cup salted butter
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup heavy whipping cream
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
¾ cup Brown Swerve
6 egg yolks, whisked
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 ½ cups pecans, chopped
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter, cream, almond milk, Brown Swerve, and salt together. Stir constantly until Brown Swerve is dissolved.
- Temper eggs by slowly whisking in the hot cream mixture one tablespoon at a time. At half a cup, stir new egg mixture into the hot cream mixture.
- On low heat, stirring constantly, heat mixture until it thickens (about 5 minutes). Never allow to come to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Use a stick blender to pulse for 30 seconds to make creamy.
- Combine vanilla extract, pecans, and coconut in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss with mixture.
Want to jazz up the flavor? Substitute rum or bourbon for the vanilla extract.
NUTRITION BREAKDOWN, EACH SERVING
Net carbs: 2 grams
Total carbs: 5 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Fat: 30 grams
Protein: 4 grams
Glycemic load: 0