KETO CREAMED SPINACH
KetoLuxe Creamed Spinach made with heavy whipping cream and ricotta.
Before eating keto, cooked spinach was an iffy dish for me. When I encountered it served in a dip or as Creamed Spinach, I politely declined. Slimy and gross was how I would have described anything with it. Only when Sam prepared her Wilted Spinach Salad did I willingly eat it.
After I started eating keto, I began experimenting because spinach became a big part of my life. Packed with nutrients and fiber, it is now a staple ingredient in meals for my family. So, I had to find a way to make Creamed Spinach delicious. My recipe combines super gooey cheese and cream with spinach to make it not only palatable but something I want to serve.
Creamed spinach is a powerhouse of good stuff.
An awesome accompaniment to Prime Rib or Beef Tenderloin, Creamed Spinach shines in a special meal. The texture and flavor of my recipe make it a dish that can stand alone, no dippers needed. Full of iron, vitamin c, and calcium, the dish is a powerhouse of good stuff. Tasty and nutritious? That’s KetoLuxe.
Share your favorite way to serve spinach for the holidays on Gourmet Keto.
2 pounds fresh spinach
4 tablespoons butter
4 cloves garlic, pressed
1 quart heavy whipping cream
1 cup shredded queso quesadilla
1 pound ricotta
½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
3 teaspoons Magic Sprinkle
½ cup shredded Parmesan
- Fill medium sauce pan ¾ way full with water. Bring to a boil.
- Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Drain immediately.
- Place spinach between paper towels and press out as much moisture as possible.
- Rough chop spinach.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook until softened.
- Add cream and reduce by half.
- Stir in queso and ricotta until melted.
- Combine nutmeg, cayenne, Magic Sprinkle, and spinach with mixture.
- Remove from heat and place in a serving bowl.
- Top with Parmesan.
- Serve immediately.
Want a dip? Add a pound of cream cheese at the same time as the queso and ricotta. You can even add some artichoke hearts with the spinach.
NUTRITION BREAKDOWN, EACH SERVING
Net carbs: 6 grams
Total carbs: 8 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Fat: 52 grams
Protein: 17 grams
Glycemic load: 3