KETO FRIED GOAT CHEESE MEDALLIONS
Fried Goat Cheese Medallions
What’s better than cheese? Fried cheese? As I’ve mentioned before, I really love goats. Big fan. Big, big fan. So, it is natural that I would love goat cheese. And I do. Fried Goat Cheese Medallions are one of my favorite ways to eat it. Crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside, they make my mouth happy.
How to make Fried Goat Cheese Medallions keto friendly? I stopped using wheat flour and switched up the oil. My recipe uses almond flour and avocado oil to keep them gluten free, sugar free, and low carb.
I use a paper towel to blot excess oil when frying. This helps to the outside crispy.
Prep these in a batch and store in the freezer until ready to fry. If you have vegetarians coming over for Meatless Monday, serve as the star of the show with some sautéed mushrooms. My favorite way to use Fried Goat Cheese Medallions is in a salad with duck breasts and vinaigrette (more on that later).
I served a salad made with duck, blueberries, and fried goat cheese medallions recently for dinner and my friend Leah proclaimed it delicious!
Purchase Magic Sprinkle Seasoning Blend here for your keto recipes.
Less than 5 minutes
8 ounces fresh goat cheese in a log
1 cup almond flour
2 teaspoons Magic Sprinkle
¼ cup avocado oil
- Slice goat cheese log into 8 equal disks.
- Whisk eggs in a shallow dish.
- Mix almond flour and Magic Sprinkle in another shallow dish.
- Dredge each disk in flour mixture.
- Coat with egg.
- Again, dredge in flour.
- Place disks in single layer on parchment paper.
- Freeze for at least 50 minutes.
- In a shallow frying pan, heat avocado oil until almost smoking.
- Fry each disk until golden brown and then flip and fry until both sides look the same.
- As they finish, place on a paper towel to blot excess oil.
- Serve warm.
Want a sauce? Serve with Marvelous Marinara.
You’ll have excess flour and egg. That’s because you need extra to evenly coat the medallions.
If you’re doing meal prep, wrap in freezer bag and keep for up to one month before frying.
NUTRITION BREAKDOWN, EACH SERVING
Net carbs: 1 gram
Total carbs: 3 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Fat: 28 grams
Protein: 16 grams
Glycemic load: 0