KETO BRUSSELS SPROUT LOLLIPOPS
Shh…these keto Brussels sprout lollipops are really a savory fat bomb. No one will know--they'll just marvel at the delicious fun.
Keto Brussels Sprout Lollipops
I invented Brussels Sprout Lollipops with KetoLuxe Bacon Bourbon Jam as a fun, keto snack to take some of the guilt out of over consumption for party buffets and holidays. Low carb vegetables stuffed with bacon and cheese are healthy, right? Adding a stick makes it fun.
Chef Alexa skewers the Brussels sprouts through the core to make the stick stay put.
I demonstrated how to make these as a quick and easy recipe to serve to your friends and family on Indy Style this past January for the Super Bowl. This was just one of my recipes I suggested to have as part of your buffet. These would work great for an Easter buffet, as well.
Buy KetoLuxe Bacon Bourbon Jam to make this for Easter fun.
24 fresh large Brussels sprouts
2 ounces cream cheese
2 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
1 clove garlic, crushed
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup KetoLuxe Bacon Bourbon Jam
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Soak 24 6-inch skewers in warm water.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a rolling boil.
- Place Brussels sprouts in boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- While Brussels sprouts are cooking, create an ice bath of equal parts water and ice in a medium bowls.
- When you remove Brussels sprouts from water, immediately immerse in ice bath for a few seconds before placing them on a towel to dry.
- Cut each Brussels sprout in half through the core.
- Hollow each out one to leave a small cup.
- Remove skewers from water and pat dry.
- Skewer each Brussels sprout half through the core, like a lollipop.
- Mix together cream cheese, cheddar, garlic, and salt.
- Fill each hole with an even amount of the cheese mixture and place in a single layer, filling side up, on a sheet pan.
- Top each lollipop with a spoonful of KetoLuxe Bacon Bourbon Jam.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until filling/jam warm and gooey.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Don’t have KetoLuxe Bacon Bourbon Jam? You can substitute crumbled Candied Bacon on a Stick (but omit the stick) or just bacon pieces.
You can use any tip of cheese that suits your fancy such as pepper jack or blue cheese crumbles in place of the cheddar.
NUTRITION BREAKDOWN, EACH SERVING
Net carbs: 1 gram
Total carbs: 3 grams
Fiber: 0 grams
Fat: 5 grams
Protein: 4 grams
Glycemic load: 0