KETO CHESAPEAKE BAY STEAMED SHRIMP
Use KetoLuxe Chesapeake Bay Seasoning Blend to make Chesapeake Bay Steamed Shrimp
Chesapeake Bay Steamed Shrimp
Healthy keto eating includes a lot of seafood. Actually, I think most healthy diets should involve seafood. Although it can be difficult in our land-locked state to find a variety of fresh fish, it is easy to vary the preparation and ingredients. My KetoLuxe Chesapeake Bay Seasoning was created for Steamed Blue Crabs and Creamy Crab Dip. However, it works just as well to liven up Steamed Shrimp. Serve it with Zesty Cocktail Sauce for a fun appetizer. Garnish with lemon for a little low carb citrus flavor.
Chef Alexa's sprinkles a little extra KetoLuxe Chesapeake Bay Seasoning Blend atop the cooked shrimp for extra flavor.
Order KetoLuxe Chesapeake Bay Seasoning Blend for delicious seafood.
Less than 10 minutes
Less than 5 minutes
½ cup water
½ cup cider vinegar
2 1/2 tablespoons KetoLuxe Chesapeake Bay Seasoning Blend
½ pound shell-on jumbo shrimp
¼ cup Zesty Cocktail Sauce
1 lemon slice
- In steamer pot, combine water and cider vinegar.
- Add shrimp to steamer insert and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons KetoLuxe Chesapeake Bay Seasoning.
- Bring pot to a boil and steam shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes (until bright pink and the shell pulls away from the shrimp).
- Place Zesty Cocktail Sauce into a small cup.
- Place shrimp on a pretty plate.
- Garnish with remaining KetoLuxe Chesapeake Bay Seasoning Blend and lemon slice.
- Serve warm.
I like to use what is called EZ peel shrimp because it is easier to separate shell from seafood.
Sam actually prefers to boil her shrimp. She uses the same ingredients and puts everything in a sauté pan together instead of in a steamer. She covers the pan while the shrimp boils.
Want to have this as an entrée? We often do that at my house. So this recipe makes 2 entrée servings for us.
NUTRITION BREAKDOWN, EACH SERVING
Net carbs: 2 grams
Sugar alcohols: 0 grams
Total carbs: 3 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Fat: 0 grams
Protein: 15 grams
Sodium: 758 milligrams
Glycemic load: 0