KETO CORNBREAD MUFFINS
Keto Cornbread Muffins bring the taste of the Southern comfort food without the corn or grains.
While we rarely ate Cornbread Muffins growing up (not very Polish), I married someone who did. Sam’s mom was known for her homemade cornbread, using specially ground corn from Spring Mill State Park. Sam expected it with chili, pinto beans, boiled cabbage, and barbecue. I learned to oblige and delight her with mine.
Now, eating keto doesn’t lend itself to indulging in corn-based foods (or those beans that Sam grew up eating). I perfected my chili, cabbage, and barbecue (Sam is living without her pinto beans) but found my sweetie was really missing her favorite bread. So what’s someone who loves someone who loves cornbread to do? After much experimentation, I created my own recipe that is grain free, sugar free, and low carb. It is so good that I created KetoLuxe Cornbread Muffin Mix, too.
I found that making batches of dry ingredients to be used later saves time and money. I offer my KetoLuxe Cornbread Muffin Mix so that you don't have to buy large quantities of the ingredients.
When making your favorite Southern comfort foods meal, whip up these Cornbread Muffins. If you prep the dry ingredients and store, you can add the rest right before baking. Or you can order my mix and keep it in the pantry until ready to make. However you do it, you’ll enjoy the fresh flavors of my sweetie’s favorite bread without an ounce of guilt or inflammation.
Want an easier way to make these? Order my KetoLuxe Cornbread Muffin Mix.
1 ½ cups almond flour
½ cup flax seed
¼ cup whey protein powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon pink salt
½ cup KetoLuxe Allulose
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon cornbread flavor concentrate
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9 cups of standard sized muffin tins.
- In a blender, finely grind together almond flour, flax seed, whey protein powder, baking powder, xanthan gum, and pink salt.
- Sift flour mixture into a medium bowl.
- In a stand mixer, beat eggs for 3 minutes.
- Add KetoLuxe Allulose, apple cider vinegar, and butter and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Add half of flour mixture and half of heavy whipping cream to mixer bowl. Beat until well combined.
- Add remaining flour mixture and heavy whipping cream to mixer bowl. Beat until well combined.
- Add cornbread flavor concentrate and beat until mixed in.
- Evenly distribute batter among muffin cups.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Tent muffins and bake for 15 more minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Want to jazz this up? Add jalapenos or cheddar.
You can make these as mini or jumbo muffins, just adjust baking time.
Use an 8x8 pan to make traditional cornbread.
NUTRITION BREAKDOWN, EACH SERVING
Net carbs: 2 grams
Sugar alcohols: 0 grams
Total carbs: 17 grams
Fiber: 15 grams
Fat: 12 grams
Protein: 11 grams
Sodium: 317 milligrams
Glycemic load: 1