KETO FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
I like to top my Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake with whipped cream and berries
Flourless Chocolate Cake
The Mother’s Flourless Chocolate Cake made waves when she introduced it in the 1970s. She originally discovered it when her friend James Beard (yeah, THE James Beard) made it for her. Then, she started serving her version at our family’s internationally acclaimed Walnut Room restaurant. Back then, no one imagined cake without flour! Over the years, this dessert has made many important appearances at catered events. I even prepared it for my wife Sam’s high school graduation party in 1990. At our wedding, the Mother stole the show by having it on the cake table.
When I first started thinking of keto desserts, I knew that Flourless Chocolate Cake would be a natural fit. The recipe was already gluten free. With a few tweaks, including substituting KetoLuxe Allulose and Gourmet Sugar Free Chocolate Chips for the traditional ingredients, I created what is quite possibly my favorite recipe. Sugar free and low carb, garnish this dessert with berries and Vanilla Whipped Cream for extra fanciness.
Chef Alexa cuts parchment paper circles to fit her cake pans before making a batch of Flourless Chocolate Cake
Make Flourless Chocolate Cake as often as you can. Rich and luxurious, it will impress even the most die-hard sugar fanatic with flavor. Last night, I served this keto masterpiece as the finale for my dear friend Deb’s retirement party. The French president of the international corporation she’s leaving led a standing ovation at the end of the meal, thanking me for preparing the feast. Expect the same for your efforts. Having your cake and eating it too? That’s KetoLuxe.
For my friend Bev's retirement party, I garnished this Keto Flourless Cake with fresh flowers and berries.
Do you love low carb baking? Order my KetoLuxe Allulose for authentic flavor without the glycemic impact.
1 cup KetoLuxe Gourmet Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
½ cup butter
1 cup KetoLuxe Allulose
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
3 large eggs, beaten
½ cup cocoa powder
1 ½ cups Dark Chocolate Ganache, lightly warmed
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease the bottom of an 8-inch cake pan.
- Line cake pan with parchment paper.
- Grease the top of the parchment paper.
- In a small sauce pan, over low heat and stirring constantly, melt together KetoLuxe Gourmet Sugar Free Chocolate Chips and butter.
- Remove from heat and stir in KetoLuxe Allulose, salt, and Pure Vanilla Extract.
- Incorporate eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add in cocoa powder.
- Pour batter into cake pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until interior registers 200°F.
- Remove cake from oven and let cook for at least 5 minutes.
- Place cake on stand by inverting pan so that the bottom becomes the top.
- Allow cake to cool to room temperatures.
- Glaze cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- Garnish with Vanilla Whipped Cream and fresh berries or flowers if desired.
Sometimes, I add 1 teaspoon of espresso powder with the vanilla for a deeper flavor.
Like all cakes, this benefits from being made the day before. Store covered at room temperature.
NUTRITION BREAKDOWN, EACH SERVING
Net carbs: 3 grams
Sugar alcohols: 19 grams
Total carbs: 25 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Fat: 17 grams
Protein: 3 grams
Sodium: 57 milligrams
Glycemic load: 0