KETO LEMON ALMOND CAKE
My Keto Lemon Almond Cake makes a delicious dessert
Lemon Almond Cake
Recently, I led a group of volunteers in preparing meals for a church event. My friend Leah and the congregation of First Presbyterian Church Columbus created a new way to connect with their BE: An Event Series. I knew this awesome event would need fabulous food! I worked with the committee to create an inclusive menu, making sure that there would be food for everyone to enjoy. For dessert, one of the options we made was this Lemon Almond Cake garnished with fresh raspberries.
For a recent event, Chef Alexa made individual cakes by pouring the batter into muffin tins.
This keto recipe for cake is gluten free, sugar free, and low carb. Lemon Almond Cake is also DE-LISH-USS. I am not kidding. Make it the next time you feel the need to cook.
Interested in social justice and spirituality? Like the Be: An Event Series Facebook page.
½ cup KetoLuxe Allulose
½ cup almond flour
½ cup Vanilla Whipped Cream
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons toasted almond slices
1 lemon, zested and juiced
2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together egg, allulose, almond flour, vanilla whipped cream, ½ cup almond slices, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- In a 9-inch cast iron skillet, melt butter over low heat.
- Add batter and cook for 1 minute.
- Immediately place skillet in oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- As soon as removed from oven, top with remaining almonds.
- Let cool and serve slices from pan.
For BE: An Event Series, we poured the batter into muffin tins for individual cakes. I made sure the butter was hot when I put the batter into each one.
NUTRITION BREAKDOWN, EACH SERVING
Net carbs: 3 grams
Total carbs: 14 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Fat: 19 grams
Protein: 7 grams
Glycemic load: 0