KETO ROASTED CHICKEN WITH PAN SAUCE
The KetoLuxe recipe for Roasted Chicken with Pan Sauce uses butter to create a crispy skin.
Roasted Chicken with Pan Sauce
I don’t mind chicken. Sam could eat it several times a week. Comfort food isn’t always my thing, though. Given my druthers, I would rather have a sweet, spicy, salty Vietnamese something or the other made with an unmentionable part of an animal. Part of being a chef is experimenting with new flavors and techniques. Roasted Chicken with Pan Sauce is one of those recipes that I used to make as an accessory for homemade noodles. It wasn’t a dish I found particularly interesting.
Since eating keto, I’ve started embracing a simpler approach to cooking. Instead of food with a million hard to find ingredients (which I do like to keep stocked in my pantry), I now focus on easy recipes that can also work for meal prep later in the week. My Roasted Chicken with Pan Sauce gets the job done, filling the house with amazing aromas. My technique results in crispy skin, tasty meat, and flavorful pan sauce. Sam and the Mother approve, and I find that I enjoy it, too.
To check the temperature of the Roasted Chicken, Chef Alexa sticks the thermometer between the leg and thigh. That's because it is the thickest part of the chicken.
Make Roasted Chicken with Pan Sauce on a Sunday when you have time to let it roast. I pair it with easy sides like Truffle Asparagus with Parmesan and Toasted Mug Bread. Create easy salads and casseroles with the leftovers. The other night, I served my friends Leah and Jeff a chicken taco salad with what was left from dinner the night before. Having a good meal that results in another one? That’s KetoLuxe.
Want your food to taste like Chef Alexa made it? Use the KetoLuxe Seasoning Blend Essentials for the best flavors without any hidden carbs.
1 4-pound whole chicken
2 teaspoons KetoLuxe Magic Sprinkle
12 tablespoons butter
4 sprigs fresh thyme
6 cloves garlic
1 cup chicken bone broth
1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Remove and reserve gizzards and other innards.
- Melt 8 tablespoons of butter.
- Slather inside and outside of chicken with butter.
- Season inside and outside of chicken with KetoLuxe Magic Sprinkle.
- Stuff chest cavity with thyme and garlic.
- Truss legs and fold wings behind the back.
- Place in a cast iron skillet or baking dish.
- Roast in oven for 2 hours or when internal temperature 160°F.
- Remove chicken from skillet, leaving drippings in the dish.
- Let rest on counter for 20 minutes while making Pan Sauce.
- Combine chicken drippings and drippings with bone broth in a small sauce pan.
- Submerge innards in liquid.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, reducing by half.
- Remove innards.
- Continue boiling and whisk in remaining butter.
- Remove from heat and whisk in xanthan gum.
- Carve Roasted Chicken and serve with Pan Sauce on the side.
Fresh, whole chickens vary in size. Cook for 20 minutes each pound.
The Mother demands the innards as an appetizer. She just eats them with some hot sauce.
Don’t have KetoLuxe Magic Sprinkle? Substitute salt and pepper for the closest flavor.
Save the carcass in the freezer until you are ready to make stock.
NUTRITION BREAKDOWN, EACH SERVING
Net carbs: 0 grams
Total carbs: 0 grams
Fiber: 0 grams
Fat: 33 grams
Protein: 1 gram
Glycemic load: 0