KETO LEMON GLAZED BLUEBERRY BREAD
Lemon Glazed Blueberry Bread
Anytime I can sneak cake into breakfast, I know I’m going to have a good day. Who doesn’t love cake? Or for that matter, bread? Adding fruit makes it almost a health food and more delicious. The only thing that would be better is frosted muffins (which are basically cupcakes, people).
When I read about keto breakfast online, I find that many people get tired of just eating eggs. Me too! My recipe for Lemon Glazed Blueberry Bread includes eggs—but they are not the stars of this meal. The ensemble cast of fresh blueberries, lemon zest, and icing come together to make brunch shine. Easy to make, nutritious, gluten free, sugar free, and low carb, this bread fits the definition of KetoLuxe.
I coat the blueberries in coconut flour to keep them from sinking to the bottom of the bread.
Because this recipe takes about an hour to bake, make it for a weekend breakfast when you have time to relax and enjoy the morning. I like to put it in the oven before heading out on the bike path with Sam. When we return, the smells of warm bread greet us at the front door. All I have to do is pour on the Lemon Icing and serve. We enjoy it with a cup of coffee and a newspaper.
Lemon Glazed Blueberry Bread is a yummy keto breakfast cake.
Join me on Pinterest to explore more gourmet keto recipes.
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 cup KetoLuxe Allulose
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Bean Extract
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon lemon zest
½ cup butter, melted
10 tablespoons coconut flour plus 1 tablespoon (reserved)
½ cup fresh blueberries
1 batch Lemon Icing
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a loaf pan.
- In a stand mixer, beat together eggs, sour cream, Allulose, heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, salt, baking powder, and lemon zest.
- Add in melted butter and beat for 1 minute.
- Add 10 tablespoons coconut flour mix together for another minute to finish the batter.
- Rinse blueberries and toss in remaining coconut flour.
- Pour in a thin layer of batter (about ½ an inch) into loaf pan.
- Sprinkle 1/3 blueberries atop.
- Add more batter and continue layering blueberries until both are completely used.
- Put in the oven and bake for 60 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Pour Lemon Icing onto hot bread.
- Slice and serve while warm.
This is an indulgence—but it is worth it.
Want to switch it up? Substitute KetoLuxe Gourmet Sugar Free Chocolate Chips, shredded coconut, or crushed nuts for the blueberries. Omit the step of tossing in coconut flour.
This can be made ahead and eaten at room temperature.
NUTRITION BREAKDOWN, EACH SERVING
Net carbs: 4 grams
Total carbs: 31 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Fat: 17 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Glycemic load: 1