KETO SEARED SCALLOPS
I never went scallop diving as a child. I’ve done a lot of things in my life, but not that. I’m surprised the Mother did not make me scallop dive so that I would have a better appreciation of my food. Deep sea fishing didn’t go so well, but that’s another story. I just like to eat Seared Scallops.
Dry-packed scallops fit best in the keto way of eating. I use them in this recipe to avoid ingesting the solution most come in. I want my Seared Scallops to be all natural. Sugar free, gluten free, and low carb, scallops are naturally lean and full of vitamins. They also happen to be pretty tasty.
I prepared Scallops with Bacon Jalapeno Cream Sauce for my Auntie Madame Carole
When company comes over, I often make this dish. That’s because I can make the Bacon, Jalapeno, and Poblano Cream Sauce in advance. Then, I quickly sauté the scallops right before we eat. When served with a simple green salad, I have a fresh and elegant meal. This gives me more time to spend with my guests while pampering them with something they wouldn’t make for themselves. That’s KetoLuxe.
Sam and I plate up dinner for friends that features Bacon Jalapeno Cream Sauce
Less than 5 minutes
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 pound dry packed sea scallops
Pinch Kosher salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups Bacon, Jalapeno, and Poblano Cream Sauce, warm
- Preheat large cast iron skillet with avocado oil in it.
- Blot scallops between paper towels until nice and dry.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- In the very hot skillet, set scallops in the pan with plenty of room separating them.
- Cook on high heat for 2 minutes (Do not move them during this time).
- Add butter and then flip scallops.
- Cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and place on a platter or evenly portion onto 4 plates.
- Pour cream sauce around scallops and serve immediately.
Can’t find dry packed sea scallops? Substitute frozen that you’ve thoroughly thawed.
If you prefer a different sauce, use melted butter with capers for a quick meal.
NUTRITION BREAKDOWN, EACH SERVING
Net carbs: 10 grams
Total carbs: 11 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Fat: 36 grams
Protein: 29 grams
Glycemic load: 1