KETO THAI ICED TEA
Delicious and refreshing Thai Iced Tea.
Thai Iced Tea
I have to admit that I love a sweet, cold, caffeinated beverage. Who doesn’t? That’s been one of the hardest things about this keto way of life—not having one. So, I started experimenting with making my own versions that would appease my thirst for flavor. One of my favorite drinks has always been Thai Iced Tea. When I started making Sweetened Condensed Milk for FudgeBites, I quickly realized that I could use it in this drink. The heavens opened and angels sang the first time it touched my lips.
Add Chef Alexa's recipe for Thai Iced Tea and sweetened condensed milk and that's KetoLuxe.
Order Sweetened Condensed Milk to enjoy in your tasty treats.
< 5 minutes
2 cups water
6 black tea bags
1 pcs star anise
2 cardamom pods
1 cinnamon stick
1 vanilla bean split
¼ teaspoon almond extract
½ cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Bring water to a boil. Add in tea bag, star arise, cardamom pod, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean. Continue to boil for 2 minutes.
- Cover pot and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain out star anise, cinnamon stick, and vanilla bean.
- Add almond extract and stir.
- Fill 2 pint glasses with ice, add tea ¾ way full.
- Top with Sweetened Condensed Milk and enjoy.
Want a warm beverage? Skip the cooling steps and omit the ice.
NUTRITION BREAKDOWN, EACH SERVING
Net carbs: 1 gram
Total carbs: 1 gram
Fiber: 0 grams
Protein: 1 gram
Glycemic load: 0