Candied Bacon on a Stick
My Artisan Foodworks catering customers love Candied Bacon on a Stick. At least 75% of the events Artisan Foodworks caters serve it. Since many people ask me for the original recipe I included it in the Hoosier Harvest Cookbook.
So, I knew that it would be a perfect recipe to adapt for the ketogenic diet life. Gluten-free and sugar-free, this recipe is easy to make. You’ll impress your family and friends with how delicious it is.
3 pieces thick cut bacon
2 tablespoons erythritol and monk fruit extract blend
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon cayenne
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set a cooling rack inside the prepared pan and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, combine sweetener and spices.
- Cut bacon in half to create two equal strips about 4 inches long. Thread each piece onto a bamboo skewer.
- Rub down bacon skewers on both sides with spices. Place individually on rack in pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from rack immediately so that it doesn’t stick.
- Serve same day at room temperature.
Each brand of bacon takes a different amount of time to cook. Also, “done” of bacon is a personal thing, meaning different things to everyone. Sam only likes hers crispy. I prefer mine to be chewy. Watch closely and rotate the pan in the oven frequently.
NUTRITION BREAKDOWN, EACH SERVING
Net carbs: 0.5 gram
Total carbs: 0.6 grams
Fiber: 0 grams
Fat: 2.1 grams
Protein: 2.1 grams
Glycemic load: 0.1
*Disclaimer: Thank you to Swerve for providing free samples of your products to be used in recipes for this blog. I’ve been a big fan of Swerve since I discovered it when attempting to make sugar-free marshmallows about 8 years ago. While it didn’t work out for that, I knew it would be perfect for KetoLuxe. All thoughts and opinions are my own, not influenced by the company or affiliates in any way.